Send e-mail til email@example.com
Brug altid en sikker mail, hvis din besked indeholder personlige eller følsomme oplysninger.
From August 2nd till 6th the roads of Herning Municipality will host the European Championships.
The best bikeriders in Europe will ride the highways and byways of Denmark, when they in august 2017 will decide who becomes European Champion.
On August 8nd 2017 UEC (Union Européenne de Cyclisme) revealed that the 2017 European Road Cycling Championships will be held in Herning, Denmark in cooperation with DCU (Denmarks Cycle Union), Herning Municipality, Sport Event Denmark, Region Central Jutland and the MCH-cooperation.
- DCU as well as Herning Municipality and Sport Event Denmark have convinced us in UEC that they can lift the 2017 championship to new heights, for both the athletes and the spectators. We are, amongst many others things, excited about the ideas to involve the audience and have recreational cyclists try out the official route. At the same time, Hernings experience with hosting big sport events has convinced us that they are the right venue for an event of this magnitude, says David Lappartient, president of UEC.
DCU-president Henrik Jess Jensen is thrilled.
- It is fantastic to announce a five-day championship in Herning on august 2nd to august 6th. It will be a gigantic cycling-party, where junior, U23 and elite-riders will compete for 12 sets of medals. I would like to thank UEC for this opportunity and Herning Municipality and Sport Event Denmark for making this ambition reality, says Henrik Jess Jensen.
In Herning Municipality mayor Lars Krarup looks forward to a grand experience for both athletes and spectators.
- Herning is bicycle-city number 1 in Denmark, as we also demonstrated when we hosted the first two stages of Giro d'Italia in 2012. A European Championship lasting five days, with more than 700 riders in six classes will mark a new highlight in the municipalitys history, says Lars Krarup
The championships have backing from a wide array of organisations, including Sport Event Denmark, who has an aim to attract international championships to Denmark.
- Yet another large-scale cycling-event has been secured for Denmark, and yet again in a sport, where Denmark has proud traditions and great results. Previously Denmark has hosted World Championships on the road, on track and in BMX, as well as the world championships for amateurs last year. Now it is time for a great experience for the people of Denmark and a spectacular event in central Jutland. It will be festive and innovative, says Lars Lundov, director of Sport Event Denmark
The MCH-cooperation will handle a large part of the logistics and hosting at the European Championships, and director of MCH Georg Sørensen is looking forward to welcome the cycling-elite.
- At MCH we love to have guests, and an European Championship in cycling will generate a lot of them. As part of this event we look forward to utilizing our know-how and experience, as well as showing all of Europe, how our facilities can serve as a festive and successful setting for a championship, says Georg Sørensen
To the hosts it is important that the championships will be an including event. It is the plan to have several recreational races, where everybody can ride the same route as the professionals.
- We see great perspectives in UEC's vision to make ERCC one of the most important dates on the race-calendar The championships in Bretagne in 2016, where Peter Sagan won, set the bar very high, but we plan to top that in 2017 says, Henrik Jess Jensen.
Mayor Lars Krarup expect to see many international tourists along the route.
- In august, when Germans, Swedes and Norwegians visit the Danish west-coast in large numbers we see a good potential for attracting an international crowd. In 2012, with the start of the Giro, we had many international guests, and in 2017 the timing is even better. A race featuring the biggest stars of European Cycling will draw large numbers, says Lars Krarup.
2017 European Road Cycling Championships takes place from august 2nd to august 6th 2017.
ERRC is arranged by UEC, DCU, Herning Municipality, Sport Event Denmark, Region Central Jutland and MCH.
In the coming months the routes will be planned in cooperation with local police authorities.
In 2016 in Bretagne 777 riders from 45 countries participated in the ERRC.
The EERC will feature 12 different competitions in TT and roadrace for men and women in the Junior, U23 and Elite-classes.
The 12 competitions are planned like this:
Wednesday, August 2nd:
TT - Junior (M+W)
TT - U23 (M)
Thursday August 3rd:
TT - U23 (W)
TT - Elite (W+M)
Friday August 4th:
RR - Junior (W) + Junior or U23 (M)
Saturday August 5th:
RR - Junior or U23 (M)
RR - U23 + Elite (W)
Sunday August 6th:
RR - Elite (M)
Henrik Jess Jensen, president Dansk Cykle Union, 2520 2370
Lars Krarup, mayor of Herning Municipality, 9628 2322
Lars Lundov, director Sport Event Denmark, 4031 4855
Georg Sørensen, director of MCH, 21 400 200
Enrico Della Casa, Secrétaire Général, UEC, 0039 342 803 34 87
Frank Hyldgaard, projektmanager Herning Municipality, 3068 1820